2-week Intensive English course in Malta + accommodation in a student apartment is perfect for people wishing to boost their English promptly.
30 lessons per week will give you a practical understanding of the English language and take you all the way to fluency. See your confidence improve as we train you in all four communication skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
Reasons to take this course
- Your level is between Beginner and Advanced
- You want to improve your English level quickly and effectively while gaining confidence
- You want to develop your fluency in everyday contexts
- You wish to boost your English promptly
Your teachers are trained to deliver constant support and feedback within a relaxed and informal environment. Their care and encouragement will build your confidence as you progress.
In addition to text books, your teachers will refer to authentic resources such as newspapers, videos, internet and audio recordings. This will give you an understanding of how English is used in real contexts.
Description of accommodation
The apartments are modernly decorated and offer a fully equipped kitchen including oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and toaster, with an open-plan kitchen /living / dining area. All apartments have Cable TV. Apartments are cleaned on a weekly basis; in between weekly cleaning, students are expected to keep their apartments in an orderly manner, including washing their own dishes and removing garbage.
- Bathrooms: Shared bathroom
- Maximum of 4 students sharing one bathroom
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Students need to bring their own beach towels
- Bed linen and towels are changed weekly
- Iron and ironing board available in each apartment
- Washing machines available in common areas
- Pay-per-Use; air-conditioning facilities are available in the apartments
- Safe available on request
- Communal Lounge
- Free Wi-Fi facilities
- Cable TV
- Bed linen provided
- Students need to bring their own towels
- Laundry Facilities
- All apartments are accessed by lift
Description of local area
The Hollies apartments enjoy a fantastic location less than 10 minutes’ walk from EC Malta and the area’s main bus terminal. Within metres of the apartments, one can find St. George’s sandy beach, Bay Street shopping complex and Malta's entertainment capital providing a large variety of restaurants, nightclubs, shopping, a cinema and a bowling alley. Local amenities including a large supermarket, bank and postal services are all within easy walking distance. EC’s Beach Club is a 15 minute walk along the coast.Address:
The Hollies Apt 2, Triq Il-Mensija, St Julian’s, Malta.
For arrivals at the Malta International Airport - your apartment keys can be collected from the EC Representative at the airport (look out for the EC sign). If you have booked your transfer through EC, the Representative will also assist you with your transportation. If you are arriving in Malta in a different manner, details for the pickup of your apartment keys will be provided prior to your arrival.
- Credit card authorisation will be taken upon arrival at school and will be used as a form of deposit against any damages. If you do not have access to a credit card, then a cash deposit of Euros 100 will be taken and returned on departure date (providing no damages have been found).
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the apartment.
- Living in a student shared apartment is ideal for students aged between 18 and 29.
- Euro 5 or Euro 10 air-conditioning usage cards can be purchased from the EC Reception at School. The cost to the student for AC usage is Euro 0.23 per hour.
Included in price:
- Intensive English course - 2 weeks
- Accommodation in Hollies apartments (twin room) - 2 weeks. You can also book a single room (subject to additional charge).
- Welcome activity
- Airport transfers (return)
- Course book
- English language activities and workshops
- Internet access
- Beach club membership (in summer)
- All school registration fees
- End-of-course certificate
|Course start date||Monday|
|Accommodation arriving date||Saturday/Sunday|
|Accommodation check-out date||Saturday/Sunday|
|Availability||All year round|
|Lessons per week||30|
|1 lesson (minutes)||45|
|Timetable||Monday: 9:30-11:00 (break) 11:15-12:45 (break) 13:30 - 15:00 Tuesday-Friday: 09:00-10:30 (break) 10:45-12:15 (break) 13:00 - 14:30|
|Certificate of completion||Yes|
|Level (minimum)||Beginner (A1)|
|Class size (max. students)||12|
|Duration of the course (weeks)||2|
Intensive English in Malta. Course + Accommodation (2 weeks)
- School: EC Malta
- Course Code: EC Malta Intensive English - 2 weeks