CES Oxford (Centre of English Studies)
Home to one of the oldest and most famous universities in the world, where could be better to continue your education? Our school is located in the beautiful village of Wheatley, just nine kilometres from the centre of Oxford city.
Located in the beautiful village of Wheatley just 20 minutes from Oxford, our school is on the High Street. A 'boutique' school, we have just 10 small classrooms with an average of 6 per class.
Founded in 1979, CES has over 35 years' experience teaching the English language to students from across the globe.
CES has language centres in London, Oxford, Edinburgh, Leeds, Worthing and Harrogate. It also has one centre in Dublin, Ireland.
In England all teachers have, as a minimum, either the Trinity TESOL or Cambridge CELTA qualification, with many holding specialist EFL teaching diplomas and degrees.
In 2007 CES was awarded the ‘Star English Language School in Europe’ with four centres or less and we were shortlisted for the same award every year between 2008 – 2011. CES is the only school to have been nominated for this award for 5 consecutive years! CES is recognised and accredited by the British Council in England.
CES is also proud to have a number of our year-round schools as full EAQUALS members.
All our schools in England are full members of English UK.
CES Oxford facilities
- 10 classrooms in winter and 15 in summer
- Average class size of 6
- Maximum class size of 9
- Self-access learning centre and library open five days a week
- Guided E-Learning pre / during and post course / CES online and on- the-go
- Magazines / business papers and a large DVD library
- A computer room with 12 PCs plus a set of tablet computers
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet access
- Student common room with games
- A very large and typical English garden, ideal for relaxing, garden games, barbecues and summer parties
- University advisory service
- 24 hour emergency telephone
- Student kitchen